Described by Rolling Stone magazine Music Editor David Fricke as:
"Not just Australia's top pop scholar but a world class rock journalist who writes with the enthusiasm of a true fan"
and by Phil Collins as
"the most thorough and knowledgeable music journalist in the world today",
Glenn A. Baker is a three time winner of the BBC's Rock Brain Of The Universe title, though possessing a knowledge of music well beyond rock.
An author of 15 books, Glenn is:
- a nationally syndicated radio and television presenter of long standing
- the specialist compiler and/or annotator of more than 500 highly acclaimed album anthologies
- a writer of features for more than 200 publications (in Australia and internationally)
- was the Australian Editor of Billboard for more than 20 years and
- is the owner of one of the most extensive music archives in the world.
He was hailed by former Australian Prime Minister as "A kind of cultural photographer who can vividly conjure up images and feelings of periods."
As a songwriter (lyricist) Glenn has been responsible for songs heard in the films and The F.J. Holden and co-wrote the national 1976/77 Ol'55 hit (I Want A) Rockin' Christmas, which spent seven weeks at number one in Melbourne.
ASONG : P.O. BOX 1018 Broadway N.S.W. 2007
PH: (02) 9935 7888 FAX: (02) 9935 7999
Office Address: APRA/AMCOS BUILDING
Level 1, 16 Mountain Street Ultimo N.S.W. 2007
All content © 2010 ASONG Ltd. ACN: 134 582 013